Mathematics is a useful subject that comes into use forever. Whether you are a student of physics, biology or commerce stream, basic knowledge of maths is mandatory in every domain. If you are good at maths, then all the subjects which have an element of mathematics in it become very easy to grasp. Hence, it is very essential for students to have a strong foundation in mathematics. There are various online and offline platforms available, which help to strengthen the concepts of the subject.
How important class 8th is
Class 8th is one of the crucial periods for every student. It is the time when students build a strong foundation on every subject and prepare themselves for the upcoming two years. The more strong the base, the more efficient will be the performance in the board exams.
Syllabus structure of class 8th mathematics
The questions asked in class 8th maths question paper will not be far from the syllabus. Like any other subject, the syllabus of the class 8th is also very structured. It touches the basic concept of all branches of mathematics. The list of topics is a bit long, which needs to be covered by students of class 8th. The list of topics covered under Class 8th maths syllabus is mentioned below:
- Rational number
- Linear equations in one variable
- Understanding quadrilaterals
- Practical geometry
- Data handling
- Squares and squares roots
- Cubes and cube roots
- Comparing quantities
- Algebraic expressions and identities
- Visualizing solid shapes
- Exponents and powers
- Direct and inverse proportions
- Introduction to graph
- Playing with numbers
Tips to study math and staying away from anxiety
Do rigorous practice and invest time to understand the concept before moving to the next problem.
Take well-prepared notes, and get the good study materials either from the online platform or otherwise. You can easily get the solution for maths problems provided by the experts on the internet.
- Learn difficult concept with the help of maths model.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions. Ask a lot of questions and don’t settle for anything less, while understanding concepts and fundamentals of any topic.
- Take the help of your teachers, peers, and parents. Hire personal maths tutor if needed. Some passionate tutors use very innovative ways to make the student understand the toughest concepts in an easier way.
- Love the subject and be honest and determined to learn.
- Keep a positive attitude.
There is enough to study in the mathematics class 8th syllabus. Some students face anxiety while dealing with maths problems. This starts with an unpleasant experience in mathematics. Further, the situation becomes worse due to the lack of good teachers and the lack of creativity in teaching methodology. With the advent of the latest technology, it is now possible for the students to opt for some unconventional methods to improve their command over the subject. With many online maths courses, tutors and learning portals available, the students have plenty of choices to study from. Students have to understand that maths is fun if we know the concepts right.