Well when you are in India, you cannot help but give your palate the true taste of this country. Being a country of many diversity, the number of dishes that this place has to offer are plenty! From the north to the south, from the east to the west, India will flood you with a variety of dishes and when it comes to Indian dishes, there is one thing that you should surely try out once- its sweets.
Different regions of the country bring its own platter of sweet dishes to you which you can taste and experience right at your home. You can Buy modak sweet Online or get barfis delivered to you- whatever the sweet dish might be, when you want to get the real taste of the India, trying out the various sweet dishes are a must. Here are some of the sweet dishes that are typical of India which you ought to try out at least once:
- Kaju barfis: These are dry, these are easy to deliver and not to mention simply delicious! Prepared with pound and grated cashew nuts and condensed milk, this is indeed a delight for the taste buds. These are diamond shaped and generally have a thin coating of silver foil known as varakh. These are typical of North India and when refrigerated can be preserved for a long time.
- Pedas: This is another typical North Indian delight. These too are prepared with condensed milk and are generally garnished with pistachios. Prepared delicately and packed perfectly, pedas are a hit amongst people of all regions of India. In fact you will see that the taste of pedas vary in different parts of the country. If you are in search of a delicious treat for yourself then do order a box of pedas.
- Rasgullas: This sweet dish from the eastern region of India is a hit throughout out the word. Succulent and syrupy, rasgullas are enjoyed by people from every region of the country. These round shaped delights are prepared with cottage cheese and are kept dipped into sugar syrups for a long time to get that soft and mushy taste. This is a dish that is typically associated with Bengalis.
- Modak: This is another sweet dish that is quite popular in India. They generally come with a filling of coconut, grated and loads of jiggery. This is a dish that is typical to the western and southern part of India. These are mostly covered with a curtain of steam rice flour which gives it a rather unique taste. You can Order Modak Sweets Online in India if you are craving for them.
- Rabri: Famous in regions like Varanasi, because of the fine quality of milk that is available there, a box of rabri is enough to satisfy anybody’s sweet tooth. Prepared by condensing milk, i.e. slowly heating it in a pain, rabri is one of the most celebrated Indian sweet dishes all across the world.
So, if you want to feel the sweet side of India, these are some dishes that you have to try out.