There’s been an age-old debate raging about which is best for you – the bath or the shower. The truth is that both are beneficial in their own ways. Both have been used throughout history and are proven to have real advantages. Nowadays, however, often the choice is made based more on practical issues, such as the availability of space and the time constraints our busy lives dictate. It’s a shame, because there are some real gains to be had when we consider the bath. If you’re in doubt and don’t know which would be best for you, then this one’s for you: here’s the truth about baths – and their advantages to your health.
The argument for the bath
There are many good arguments to be made for the bath and why this should be the preferred type. Here are just some of them:
- The bath is said to be more relaxing, as you are able to lie down and simply soak for a while
- You’re able to add some ingredients to the water (such as salts, soaps and flowers, for example) which may aid your relaxation and help the body
- The myth that the bath is essentially dirty has been dispelled – unless you are covered with mud, the bath is just as clean.
The argument for the shower
On the other hand, the shower has some good points going its way as well. Here’s a quick summary:
- The jets of the shower are sometimes able to relax you more than an actual bath, as it works like a mini-massage
- The shower takes less time and is more energy efficient
- The shower is greener and leaves a lower carbon-footprint
So which is best for you?
It’s a personal choice, so here are some things to consider:
- Do you like to relax?
- How’s your health?
- How much time can you put aside every period for a bath or a shower?
- How’s your budget (for installation) and how much can you spend monthly?
We’re assuming, of course, that you have to choose between the two. Actually, the combination of bath and shower is often the best solution. On the other hand, the shower-bath combination presents its own problems (which we won’t go into here). If you have to make a decision and are still in doubt, then go for the bath. It’s not only the best way to relax, it’s also a very practical solution in many ways. Even if you feel you may not have enough space, baths come in various shapes and sizes, especially the ones from suppliers like JTSpas, and are made to fit any bathroom. Not only will the bath upgrade your lifestyle, it will also increase the value of your home.