Mass communication education is a lucrative area and this is why many people have set up mass comm institutes. However, many of these institutes do not provide quality education and their certificates have no value in the job market. This is the reason that you should conduct a thorough research for the best mass comm courses before you enroll in any of the colleges offering them.
1. The Most Popular Colleges
Among the well known names in mass communication education are the institutes like Mudra Institute of communication, Ahmedabad, National Institute of Advertising, Indian Institute of Mass communication, Xavier’s institute of Communication and some more. However, you need to bear in mind that first of all the courses of these institutes are quite expensive and secondly their eligibility criteria are also tough. Most of them require the students to pass a written test and interview before they are admitted to the institute.
If you do not have the budget for these institutes or find the entrance tests too tough then there is an option of some medium range colleges which can also give a good impetus to your career. Although these latter institutes don’t have the repute and popularity of the above mentioned ones they provide quality education and a good opportunity to establish a successful career.
2. How to choose a Good Mass Communication Institute
There are some qualities that you should look for in a mass communication college.
- The college should be recognized by the government and its certificate should be valued in the job market. This can be ascertained by looking at the list of their alumni whose current job positions are usually mentioned on the websites of the colleges
- The faculty members of the institute should be well qualified and trained in their respective fields and this can again be ascertained by studying the official website of the college. The names of faculty members and their qualifications are usually mentioned here.
- The infrastructure of the college should be state of the art and they should use the latest equipment in film making, videography, sound recording etc. This is also mentioned on the websites and you can confirm this fact by reading the reviews and testimonials written by the alumni of the college. These reviews and testimonials will give you an idea of the experience that these students had in the college and also the success that they gained in their respective careers.
- The college in question should provide campus placement opportunities so that the students have a start in their career as soon as they finish their education.
Once you have ascertained the above mentioned facts you can go ahead and enroll in the college. This will be the beginning of a lucrative and satisfying career.
One sure fire way of ascertaining the credibility of a college providing best mass comm courses is to consult educational consultants. These consultants usually have tie ups with all the best mass communication colleges in the country and they are able to help you choose one that is best suited to you according to your aspirations and budget.